Monday, September 28, 2009

A Blog is Born, aka Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 35th birthday. Happy Birthday to me. I am not overly sure that I am happy about this particular birthday. I don't feel 35, and most people tell me that I look far younger (I hope that they weren't saying that just to be nice!). The last few years have been pretty tough for me and my family, and I am in the middle of many life changes. And I feel as though I am having a bit of a mid-life crisis. So what am I doing about it? I am starting a blog!

I used to write a blog, of sorts, and still do to a very small degree, but the purpose of that blog has come and gone (more on that another time). People told me that they enjoyed my writing and that I had a bit of a gift. I don't know how much of that is true, but I do have to say that I enjoy writing about the things that go on within my family. And I have been reading a lot of other blogs lately and found myself thinking about what I would write. A friend of mine also writes a blog and we have been talking about me doing one. Then one thing led to another and - ta da! - here is my blog. And it is my birthday, no less! So, what better reason to get it going!

I enjoy the various carnivals that go on on other blogs, so I think that I will start with a few of those while I stretch my blogging legs again. My plan is that this blog will be about my unique family and some of the crazy stuff that goes on within our too-small 4 walls. I'll start off explaining a little about our family and go from there! I am expecting the look of the blog to change a bit over time as I figure out how to do pictures and other fun stuff. So stay close by- you never know what will happen next!

Monday's are typically Not Me Mondays, courtesy of McMama (insert button here when I figure out how to do that!). I have been trying to figure out what to write today, but haven't figured out much yet. Perhaps my not me for today should be that I did not go out of my way to come up with something only to come up empty handed! Oh well, I am sure that in the next week there will be plenty of things to say now that I am keeping track.

So, welcome to my new blog (does it have that new blog smell still?). And happy birthday to me!

1 comment: